Vegan Eats: Bodega Birmingham


On Friday I went for a late lunch/early dinner with a friend to Bodega in the city centre. It's Mexican food but not in a Whetherspoons nachos kinda way, it's all freshly made and really yummy. Online it shows that they have a vegan menu and when I went before christmas I had the nachos and papas chorreadas (potatoes in a kinda spicy tomato sauce). The nachos portions are HUGE as in a small one is pretty much enough for a meal and it's all relatively inexpensive.

What you're seeing here is shredded carrot, cabbage and chillis in tacos and frijoles, black beans cook with garlic and a bit of chilli until they're velvety and so delicious. I really enjoyed the food here, as I did the first time I came. Mexican is definitely a favourite of mine; excessive veg, avocado and chillis and I'm there. 100% recommend this place. We also had a few cocktails as they do happy hour between 4-7pm where selected cocktails are only £4.50. We had the Brum Runner (geddit) and Blueberry and Hazelnut Daiquiris which were both delicious rum based cocktails and strong enough to knock you off your feet if you have more than a couple.

Bodega only have restaurants here in Birmingham and one in Worcester so the rest of you lot will have to miss out unless they decide to expand!

Listening to: Day Old Hate - City and Colour

No comments:

Post a Comment