Brunch Life: Caravan King's Cross

Caravan, Kings Cross

So I'm just starting myself out with a pretty easy one here, don't judge me okay?

Since moving to London I've found so many amazing places to eat within about 20 minutes of my house - but unfortunately Caravan isn't one of them. Myself and a friend found out about this place whilst very hungover after halloween, picture the scene: us not getting to bed until 5am, me waking up at 10am starving, her serving me a bowl of baked beans, us going back to sleep until about 12 and then deciding we'll have to venture further afield if we want real proper food. Queue the avid googling for good breakfast places that would still be serving it at 3pm on a Sunday and lo and behold up comes Caravan. Right next door to UAL and Dishoom, it's so easy to get to but not so easy to get seated straight away. Seasoned Londoners are probably readying this like 'ugh she's saying this as if Caravan is totally undiscovered' but that's completely untrue, both times I've been we've waited for around half an hour to be seated. Luckily the coffee there is really great and I like coffee.

Now on to the food: the weekend brunch menu is pretty extensive and they serve it until they close and it's relatively reasonable but we are talking about London prices here. They have a few vegan options but lots of non vegan options so a great place to go with friends that need themselves some eggs'n'bacon in the mornings. As you can see I opted for the smashed avo on sourdough toast with a side of grilled tomatoes. The first time I went I had it with a side of mushrooms which was preferable however unfortunately they had run out of mushrooms this time.

There's not much to say about something so basic, yet somehow they do it so well. Hints of lemon and chilli with lovely thick sourdough toast, you really cannot go wrong. This place gets busy for a reason. I've not been for lunch/dinner yet but those options also look great so I aim to return to try something else out at some point but with so many places to choose from in London who knows when that will be. They also sometimes do vegan cake/pastry options so keep an eye out for those if you visit too.

Let me know if you've been there for anything other than breakfast/brunch, I'd love to hear recommendations for their other food!

Listening to: Star Man - David Bowie

No comments:

Post a Comment