Nachos at Vx



During a flying to London yesterday I met up with an old friend and we visited Vx, a vegan shop I'd found through Instagram on Caledonian Road near Kings Cross station for a late lunch/early dinner. They sell vegan clothes and literature (Vegan Sidekick's book is included in that!) as well as food - freshly prepared sandwiches and cakes and groceries. I didn't manage to get any photos of the shop as I was too preoccupied by my nachos but if you had them you would forgive me this. It seemed like a relatively odd place to have this as it feels quite far from anything else relevant; it seems like it would be more comfortable somewhere a little trendier/busier but that doesn't remove just how great the food here is.

So the nachos were amazing, with a re-fried bean paste and melted cheese, sausages with melted cheese, a drizzle of sour cream and then salsa on the side (all vegan of course). Me and my friend Katie both had them and they were gone in about five minutes. Nachos is a meal I've really missed since going vegan, especially as pub grub. There's something so satisfying having a tortilla chip heavily loaded with salsa, guac and cheese and it going a little bit soggy. The sausages on the side aren't something you'd usually see but it was a pretty great addition, especially with the salsa.

I deffo recommend this place if you're in the area and looking for a great snack or lunch, their sandwiches and cakes looked fab too. We followed this up by a quick trip down the Victoria line to Brixton and my beloved Ms Cupcake where I had the Ambassador and Katie had the Oreo as can be seen in this post here.

Listening to: Cheerleader - OMI

No comments:

Post a Comment